We have been reaching out to many of you to close your Legacy trips, and we understand that this is causing significant challenges within your departments, both with gathering signatures in this remote environment as well as compiling documentation.
We have some good news!
We have obtained approval to use an alternative method to close LEGACY trips that may help.
This method is only approved for LEGACY system trips, and is being allowed to help all of us close these old trips and concentrate on other challenges that face us at this time.
Our objective is to close all LEGACY trips by the end of March so we may better focus on preparing campus to leverage the new Concur system as we look toward a reopening of University travel as conditions allow. The University must close these trips to avoid prepaid expenses such as airfare, conference fees, etc. being considered taxable income to the traveler.
This exception procedure will not apply to trips where:
- There was a cash advance – these will require the full substantiation procedure of a Final Reimbursement, or
- Trips that have been pre-expensed in the Concur system – we will work with departments to close these trips as we finish shutting down the Legacy system.
We appreciate all your support as we prepare for future travel.
Follow procedure steps published here.
Concur Mobile is currently being updated, which means the Single Sign-On feature of the application is down. Users are still able to login with their PIN, however. UIT and Concur are working together to facilitate the ease of logging into Concur Mobile as this update takes place.
We appreciate your patience, and we will send out a notification to campus as soon as it’s up and running.
The University of Utah is currently restricting all business travel, including guest travel, through End of Spring Semester, May 7, 2021. This travel restriction applies to ALL faculty and staff travel, all university-coordinated student travel, and all guest/recruit travel. Approved exceptions to this restriction must adhere to all the following procedures:
- The requesting department must prepare a memo describing reasons travel is necessary at this time and measures to be taken to address safety for the traveler and those who will be in contact with the traveler during and following the trip. We require the memo to have two approvals, see below.
- The memo must be approved by one of the following individuals:
– Main Campus Academic Affairs: Sarah Projansky, associate vice president for faculty, email@example.com
– Main Campus Staff: Wendy Peterson, deputy chief HR director, firstname.lastname@example.org
– U of U Health Academics: Dayle Benson, chief of staff for Clinical Affairs, email@example.com
– U of U Health Hospitals and Clinics Staff: Sarah Sherer, senior human resources director, firstname.lastname@example.org
An exception will also require final approval by the cognizant vice president. Exceptions must be fully approved (by both VP and area representative, above) and then attached to an approved UTravel Concur Request at least one week prior to the start date of travel.
Additional information can be found on our COVID-19 Updates Page here
NOTE: Upon return, ALL individuals are expected to complete and submit a “Returning Traveler Self-Reporting Form” following the instructions linked here. If you have questions regarding this restriction or exception procedures, please fill out the ASK US form.