Effective March 1, 2019, the University Onsite Travel Agents will begin to charge university departments a $30 fee for airline exchanges.
This new fee will better conform with industry practices and will more appropriately charge departments for the work done by our travel agent staff.
These fees will be charged to the same chartfield given to the agents on the original ticket.
Our Onsite Travel Agents are charging this fee as directed by the Travel & Reimbursement Services Department.
Any questions should be directed to the Travel Department at 1 – 7274.
Christopherson Business Travel has been a longtime partner with the University of Utah, and they have recently entered into a partnership with The Parking Spot – an off-airport parking company that provides parking, transportation, and emergency services.
The Parking Spot is offering University of Utah Employees a special offer through February to use their services: A free upgrade to Gold status and one free day of parking (see flyer here).
You will need to sign up in one of two ways to benefit:
- Click here and register for a Spot Club Exec account.
- Download the mobile app and enter corporate code “Utah5921” during registration
Program Summary – Simple, Predictable, Personal.
Spot Club Exec Account:
- Corporate discount (for business and personal travel)
- Mobile app technology for check-in/check-out
- Concur expense integration
- Industry-leading rewards program (earn points for free parking)
- Open 24/7 with 5-7 minute shuttle rotations
- Trunk to Terminal service (picked up and dropped off at your car)
- Luggage assistance
Complimentary Emergency Service:
- Battery jump-start
- Tire change
- Towing service
- Uncovered Parking: $6.00/Day ($5.00 with reservation)
- Covered Parking: $9.00/Day ($8.00 with reservation)
- Corporate discount still applies
Note – This is a new option available to travelers, not a requirement. Current parking options include those listed below.
Airport Parking Options:
- Salt Lake International Airport – $9/Day
- Park n’ Jet – $8.50/Day
- Diamond Airport Parking – Redwood Road – $8.50/Day
- Diamond Airport Parking – North Temple – $7.50/Day
- The Parking Spot – $6/Day
As of January 1, 2019, the Standard Mileage Rates changed to the following:
- 58 cents per mile for business miles driven, an increase of 3.5 cents from 2018
- 20 cents per mile for purpose of relocation, an increase of 2 cents from 2018
For more information on this change, please visit the United States General Services Administration website.
These rates will also be displayed on the Schedule of Allowable Rates section of the Travel website.