The University of Utah is currently restricting all business travel, including guest travel, through End of Spring Semester, May 7, 2021. This travel restriction applies to ALL faculty and staff travel, all university-coordinated student travel, and all guest/recruit travel. Approved exceptions to this restriction must adhere to all the following procedures:
- The requesting department must prepare a memo describing reasons travel is necessary at this time and measures to be taken to address safety for the traveler and those who will be in contact with the traveler during and following the trip. We require the memo to have two approvals, see below.
- The memo must be approved by one of the following individuals:
– Main Campus Academic Affairs: Sarah Projansky, associate vice president for faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Main Campus Staff: Wendy Peterson, deputy chief HR director, email@example.com
– U of U Health Academics: Dayle Benson, chief of staff for Clinical Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
– U of U Health Hospitals and Clinics Staff: Sarah Sherer, senior human resources director, email@example.com
An exception will also require final approval by the cognizant vice president. Exceptions must be fully approved (by both VP and area representative, above) and then attached to an approved UTravel Concur Request at least one week prior to the start date of travel.
NOTE: Upon return, ALL individuals are expected to complete and submit a “Returning Traveler Self-Reporting Form” following the instructions linked here.