COVID-19 Updates Related to University Travel
Use the ASK US form if you have additional COVID-19 questions about cancelling your business trip.
The University of Utah is currently restricting all inbound and outbound business travel through June 30, 2021. This travel restriction applies to ALL FACULTY OR STAFF TRAVEL, ALL UNIVERSITY COORDINATED STUDENT TRAVEL AND ALL GUEST/RECRUIT TRAVEL.
Beginning July 1, domestic restrictions end, and international trips are subject to the approval procedures below.
Beginning July 1, Domestic travel restrictions will end, and International trips are subject to the approval procedures below.
Beginning July 1, 2021, Domestic travel restrictions will be lifted and travel will be allowed without Vice President’s approval. Travelers and Travel Arrangers will no longer need to go through the approval process listed below which is now only reserved for international travel.
International Business Travel:
Approved exceptions to this restriction must adhere all of the following procedures:
- Requesting department must prepare a memo describing:
- Reasons travel is necessary during restricted dates, as well as
- Measures planned to address safety for the traveler and those who will be in contact with traveler during as well as after the trip.
- The memo must be approved by one of the following designated individuals:
- Main Campus Academic Affairs Travel: Please fill out the form found here and send it to for AVP Sarah Projansky to review.
- U of U Health Academic Travel: Dayle Benson, Chief of Staff for Clinical Affairs, >
- U of U Health Hospitals and Clinics Staff Travel: Sarah Sherer, Senior Human Resources Director,
- Main Campus Staff Travel: Wendy Peterson, Deputy Chief Human Resources Director,
- The exception memo will also require a final approval by the cognizant VP.
- Exceptions must be fully approved at least three weeks prior to the start date of travel. Attach the memo to an approved UTravel Concur Request.
Questions regarding these restriction/exception procedures may be submitted using our ASK US form.