COVID-19 Updates Related to University Travel
Use the ASK US form if you have additional COVID-19 questions about cancelling your business trip.
International trips are subject to the approval procedures below.
International Business Travel:
Approved exceptions to this restriction must adhere all of the following procedures:
- Requesting department must prepare a memo describing:
- Reasons travel is necessary during restricted dates, as well as
- Measures planned to address safety for the traveler and those who will be in contact with traveler during as well as after the trip.
- The memo must be approved by one of the following designated individuals:
- Main Campus Academic Affairs Travel: Please fill out the form found here and send it to for AVP Sarah Projansky to review.
- U of U Health Academic Travel: Please fill out the form found here and send it to Dayle Benson, Chief of Staff for Clinical Affairs, >
- U of U Health Hospitals and Clinics Staff Travel: Sarah Sherer, Senior Human Resources Director,
- Main Campus Staff Travel: Wendy Peterson, Deputy Chief Human Resources Director,
- The exception memo will also require a final approval by the cognizant VP.
- Exceptions must be fully approved at least three weeks prior to the start date of travel. Attach the memo to an approved UTravel Concur Request.
Questions regarding these restriction/exception procedures may be submitted using our ASK US form.