Travel & Reimbursement Services is currently experiencing a high volume of Travel Reimbursement requests, and we are working diligently to process them as quickly as possible.
Please make sure to follow the guidelines below in order to help speed up the overall processing time.
NOTE: If an incomplete request is submitted and/or the guidelines are not followed, Travel & Reimbursement Services may send it back to the requestor. We want to be sure that all accurate submissions receive our best service.
Guidelines for Travel Reimbursement Request packet:
- Airfare Receipts – Card must be listed with an amount next to it, showing proof of payment. NO e-credits will be reimbursed.
- NO Staples – Attach the pages of the packet using an alligator clip or paper clip.
- ORIGINAL receipts are required for employees.
- Tape down all receipts and include with the reimbursement packet.
- Mileage rate changed to $0.545/mile January 1, 2018. Attach mileage logs for reimbursements that have dates and mileage total.
- Foreign currency conversion: Foreign trips REQUIRE conversion documents attached to the reimbursement – we recommend using Oanda.
- Conference brochures are REQUIRED. They must include:
- Name of the conference or meeting
- Dates of conference or meeting
- Location of conference or meeting
- All meals provided as part of the cost of registration
- If the trip is under 24 hours, the traveler may park in short-term parking. The current rate is $32/day.
- The traveler can park in short-term parking when required and documented up to 4 days with department approval.
- If the trip is over 24 hours, the traveler needs to park in long-term parking. Traveler will be reimbursed $9/day
*When required and documented, additional Short Term Parking may be used up to a maximum of four days.
*The additional Short Term Parking fee, i.e. in excess of one day, may not be charged to State Appropriated Funds or Grant and Contract Funds. Travel will update allowable parking reimbursement amounts as costs change, for more information; refer to Salt Lake International Airport.