HR/Payroll & Student System Upgrade – Questions and Answers
- What is the upgrade about?
- HR/Payroll & Student Systems at the University of Utah run on PeopleSoft software purchased from Oracle. In order to continue receiving updates and customer support, the University must upgrade to a newer version.
- In addition to maintenance and support, the University will benefit from access to newer, value-added software features and updated compliance to Federal and local government entities.
- When will the upgrade occur?
- The upgrade will begin Thursday, October 7th at 5:00 PM and be completed by Monday October 11th at 7:00 AM.
- How will my access to CIS be affected during the upgrade?
- Campus Information System (CIS) will be unavailable from Thursday, October 7th at 5:00 PM through Monday October 11th at 7:00 AM. A splash page will notify end users of the downtime.
- Most WEB Applications supported by UIT P&A will be unavailable including:
- Student Administration applications: Registration, Class Schedules, DARS, Grades and Records, Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarship applications, etc.
- Faculty and Research applications: FAR, Research Portal, eProposal, etc.
- HR/Payroll applications: DJOBS, ePAF, View Paycheck, etc.
- Financial applications: Management Reports, e-Journal Entry, PCARD Reallocation, Travel, etc.
- We ask that you plan your work day Friday, Oct. 8, accordingly, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
- Employees will NOT be able to use View Paycheck during this upgrade window, so please encourage them to look prior to Thursday at 5:00 PM
- What if I have other questions or concerns?Please see comments (below) for additional information
Follow the upgrade status by clicking here.
You may also send an email to email@example.com