Household Moves – New Moving Allowance Payment Form

Due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, moving expenses paid by the University are taxable to the employee subject to the applicable tax withholding.  Therefore, the University has a new process for new hire household moves. 

Instead of providing moving expense reimbursements or a University payment directly to the contracted moving company, moving allowances are now paid through Payroll directly to the employee.

Payroll has a new MOVING ALLOWANCE PAYMENT FORM for this purpose.