Grants & Contracts Accounting is pleased to announce that we’ve updated our Scholarship/Fellowship Recurring Direct Deposit Authorization Form, allowing students to easily enroll in Direct Deposit through their secure Campus Information Services login. For these students, there is no longer a need to provide a voided check copy, bank routing number information or bank memo when you select Create or Change setup using my existing bank information on file with the University on the form.
Students can easily establish or change their Direct Deposit bank information at Campus Information Services; Student Tab, Finance, Tuition and Loans, Tuition Refund Direct Deposit.
Direct Deposit is the preferred method of making payments and offers many benefits as follows:
- Speed - Scholarship/Fellowship recipients will be able to access their money earlier than a paper check, because they will not have to wait for it to be delivered and there is no waiting for a check to clear.
- Green –Natural resources are saved by not printing and mailing paper checks.
- Budget Savings – In these tight budgetary times, saved personnel, paper and postage will have a positive impact on the budget of the University.
- Time Savings - Scholarship/Fellowship recipients won’t have to go to the bank to deposit checks. Money is automatically deposited into their account on time, every time – and they don’t have to be on campus – or even in town.
- Safety - Direct Deposit payments never get lost. Problems with Direct Deposit, which are rare, are quickly resolved. Once electronic payments are set up, the money travels electronically, greatly reducing the number of people who see personal information.
- Convenience - It is easy for Scholarship/Fellowship recipients who already participate in Direct Deposit through the CIS Student Tab to apply the bank setup information to recurring Scholarship/Fellowship payments.
Please encourage the use of direct deposit.
If you have any questions, ask us