e-Journal training for new preparers can now be done at your desk and at your convenience.
If you aren’t using the e-Journal application to prepare your journal entries and would like security access to use the application, follow these steps:
- Log on to CIS and click on the “e-Journal Entry” link in the “Processing” section of Financial & Business Services.
- In the “Help and Documentation” section (lower left), click on “Preparer’s Guide” and read the ENTIRE guide.
- After reading the guide, click on “New Preparer Questionnaire” and answer all the questions. This will help central administration determine if you have sufficient knowledge to use the application.
- Email the completed questionnaire to General Accounting at .
- Complete the “Preparer Security Access/Update” form.
- After your answers on the questionnaire have been reviewed, you will be notified by email when you have been granted access.
After you start using the application, if you have questions, first refer to the “Preparer’s Guide”. If you then cannot find an answer to your question, use the “Questions or Suggestions” link on the e-Journal home page to ask your question.
If you have any questions, Ask Us!