***Going GREEN*** Employees can elect to only receive their W-2 electronically!!
The University of Utah has just made it possible for employees to elect to only receive the W-2 Wage and Tax Statement electronically. This has several advantages:
- Employees will be able to access the W-2 a couple of days earlier, because they will not have to wait for it be delivered in the mail.
- Employee’s sensitive personal information will not be sent through the mail.
- Green – natural resources are saved by not printing and mailing W-2 forms.
- Budget Savings – In these tight budgetary times, this will have a positive impact on the budget of the University.
Please encourage employees to sign up to take advantage of this opportunity. To sign up:
- Signon to the CIS and click the Employee tab (if it is not your default tab).
- Click Payroll, Taxes and Salary.
- Click Paperless W2 and you will have the option to select to receive your W-2 electronically.