You may now input your chartfield account distribution into a template and save it permanently for future use. This function will allow you to create templates of one chartfield, or a group of chartfields, used most often when you are preparing a departmental deposit. Once the template is created, you need only to select the template within the Departmental Deposit application and copy it with one keystroke.
- Go To “Employee Tab” under CIS.
- Find “Financials & Business Services”, and then “Processing”.
- Select “Chartfield Templates”.
- Select the “Add a Value” to create a new template
- Input the “Business Unit” and “OrgID” you use to prepare your departmental deposits.
- Assign a name for the “Chartfield Template”.
- Press “Add”.
- Input a “Short Description” (required) and a “Long Description” (optional).
- Input the chartfield string.
- The “Amount” and “Description” are optional, but if input would be saved to template to display each time that template is selected.
- To add more lines for input, press the “+” sign.
- To delete a line, press the “-“ sign.
- Once everything is input and complete, press the “Save” button to save your template.
- To review an existing template, go to the “Find an Existing Value” tab on the first page of the “Chartfield Templates” selection.
To Use A Template(s):
- Select the template of choice before you input anything into the chartfield distribution.
- Add or delete any amount or description to the chartfields.
- Once you are finished with your input, if you have any lines that you are not using, check the “Delete Zero/Blank Amount Rows”, press “Save”, and the unpopulated row(s) will be deleted.