Returned Dishonored Checks
- If you paid your tuition, housing, or any other obligation with a personal check or E-Check that your bank has returned dishonored, the University of Utah charges a $20.00 fee for each returned check and requires you to deal directly with Income Accounting & Student Loan Services (801-581-7344).
- Please be aware that all classes may be deleted if:
- Your tuition and housing check is returned dishonored
- Your electronic tuition and housing check is sent back dishonored
- Your tuition deferral plan check is returned dishonored
- A registration, transcript and diploma hold is placed until all balances are paid.
- For all questions, or any assistance with the above information, please call Income Accounting and Student Loan Services at (801) 581-7344.