Past Due Payment Plan
The University of Utah has partnered with Nelnet to offer a 10-month auto-pay payment plan option for prior term outstanding Tuition and Housing charges, to prevent the balance from going to collections.
- Please note: This payment plan is only available to accounts with the BRX Hold (service indicator). Accounts already converted to collections, showing a Write Off Doubtful Accounts Credit on Tuition History, are not eligible for this option.
- All payment plans are offered online through your Campus Information System (CIS), and will not be processed at the tuition windows, over the phone or by email.
- Participation in this payment plan will trigger a Payment Plan Balance Due Hold which will restrict access to diploma, enrollment and transcripts until all past due balances have been cleared, in addition to the past due balance hold already in place.
Click here for instructions on how to sign up
Login to CIS
Select Student Home Page
Select Tuition and Loans
Select Payment and Payment Plans
Select Payment Plan
Select past Due Payment Plan
Complete budget worksheet by entering plan amount—each payment will be 10% of this total amount
Pay 10% and $50.00 enrollment fee
Students/Payers may sign up for a payment plan using either a credit/debit card, or a checking/savings account. Monthly payments will automatically be deducted from a checking/savings account, or automatically charged to a credit/debit card.
- There is an application fee of $50.00 per payment plan.
- Minimum plan amount is $500.00, equaling a monthly payment of $50.00.
- Maximum monthly payment is 10% of the balance due.
Should the balance due not be cleared with one 10-month plan, the student/payee may enroll in the plan again. Each 10-month plan is subject to the full application fee.
The Payee may choose a due date of the 5th or the 20th of each month. If that day falls on a weekend or holiday, the funds would be withdrawn the following business day.
If payments are missed, returned, or the plan is cancelled by the student/payee, the balance due may be converted to collections without further notice; incurring a one-time cost of collections equal to 22% of the balance at that time, and activating a lien on the student’s Utah State Tax Refund. When an account is converted to collections, it is no longer eligible for the 10-month payment plan option.
As per your agreement with Nelnet:
- If your payment fails, Nelnet will charge a $30.00 failed payment fee and retry the payment automatically on the 20th, for the failed scheduled payments on the 5th. For the scheduled payments that fail on the 20th, they will be retried on the 5th of the following month.
- If the retry attempt fails the payment plan will be terminated.
- Should your down payment fail, the agreement will be terminated.