Financial & Business Services Organizational Changes
We recently welcomed a new staff member into our midst – Theresa Ashman, as our Controller/Director of Financial Management. Theresa comes to us from Purdue University where she held a variety of financial administration positions over the past 14 years. We look forward to working with her.
We’ve taken this opportunity to examine our organizational structure and have made some additional changes that we hope will better align our personnel strengths with our mission, vision, and values statements.
Some individuals have been asked to take on additional duties, and others to change either their focus or reporting responsibilities.
Personnel assignment and reporting changes are as follows:
- Kori Wetsel has been given additional responsibilities and now reports directly to Jeffrey West. Kori’s new title is “Manager – Travel, Training & Policy Coordination.”
- Laura Howat has been given additional responsibilities and will continue reporting to the Controller. Income Accounting and Accounts Payable now report directly to Laura. Laura’s new title is “Associate Director – Accounting Operations & Controls.”
- Barbara Nielsen now reports to the Controller, and has been given a new title, “Associate Director – Compliance Accounting & Reporting.” Property Accounting now reports directly to Barbara.
- Jim Parker has been given additional responsibilities. The Support Service Units (Stores/Receiving, Surplus & Salvage, and Central Mail) now report directly to Jim.
- Dave Heaps, Manager of Investment & Endowment Accounting, now reports to the Controller.
Unit name changes taking place in connection with this organizational realignment:
- Purchasing becomes Procurement and Contracting Services (Jim Parker)
- Financial Information Services becomes Business Analysis & Support Services (Dean Church)
- Governmental Accounting becomes Cost Accounting & Analysis (David Beckstrom)
- Research Accounting becomes Grants & Contracts Accounting (Gary Gledhill)
For an overall visual representation of the new Financial & Business Services organization, please view our organizational chart.