Financial & Human Resources Information Library
The Financial & Human Resources Information Library is a web application that contains a variety of financial and human resources data extracts (queries) authorized users can run and download to Excel. The Library can be accessed from the Campus Information System (CIS) using either the F&BS pagelet Financial Information Library link or the HR Management pagelet Human Resources Information Library link.
Clearing cache and cookies can resolve many issues. Click here to learn how.
Navigation to Financial & Human Resources Information Library
- Log in to CIS
- Financial & Business Services pagelet
- Financial & Human Resources Information Library
- There are two ways to browse through available Queries–from the Folders or List tab:
- The Folders tab displays Queries by category, organizing the Queries into folders.
- The List tab displays Queries in a table that can be sorted by Folder and/or Query Name, and provides additional search capabilities.
- Getting information about each Query–each Query is supplemented with documentation (just click the ) that includes:
- An overview of information included (or excluded) in the data extract
- Any pertinent notes about the data
- More detail about what to enter in the input parameters
- Security Authorization required to run the Query (and how to request authorization)
- Who to contact for questions, feedback or support
- Running a Query
- You can only run Queries in which you have appropriate security authorization. You will see all published Queries, but Queries you have access to will display in a regular, bold font. Queries you do not have access to will display in an italic, non-bold font:
- Click on the Query Name to open the parameters page
- Enter values in the prompt fields then click the Get Results button
- Required fields are denoted by an asterisk(*)
- Most queries require security authorization to a Chartfield or Department ID and you will not be able to get results if you are not authorized for the value entered.
- Queries expected to return a very large number of results may take several minutes to run, and may return no results at all if the output exceeds application limits. If this occurs, you may try revising the parameters to return a smaller set of data.
Financial queries are available in these Information Library folders. Click the folder name below to see the list of Financial Queries published to the Folder:
- Accounts Payable
- Activity Repts
- Claim on Cash
- Curr Employees
- EDR Reports
- Effort Reporting
- Endowment Repts
- Evidence of Review
- Fiscal Year End
- Granting Financial Authority
- Payroll Repts
Other Resources The Financial & Business Services Index and Glossary has information about the Financial & Human Resources Information Library:
- Activity Bud Rev Exp by Org
- Activity Cuml Rev/Exp by Org
- Activity FY Fund Bal by Org
- Activity Funds Avail by Org
- Activity Invoices by Org
- Activity Rev/Exp by Org
- Activity Summary by Org
- Rev/Exp with Act/Proj by Org
- Termed Acct Exec Actvty Detail
- Termed Acct Execs by Org rollup
- Termed Liaison Activity Detail
- Termed Liaisons by Org rollup
- Valid Activity CF Combos
- Valid BU02 Org CF Combos
- Valid Project CF Combos
- Web Journal Source Acct Range
Claim on Cash
Evidence of Review
- EOR – Reviewer
- EOR – Reviewer History
- EOR – Reviewer by Dept
- EOR – Reviewer/Dept-3 months
- Evidence of Review Activity
- Evidence of Review Project
Fiscal Year End
Granting Financial Authority
- GFA Act/Proj w/o Alternates
- GFA Alt Signatures by Org
- GFA Alt term ending by Alt ID
- GFA Alt term ending by AE ID
- GFA Alt term ending by Liaison
- GFA Alternates by Org/Proj/Act
- GFA Approved Alternates by AE
- GFA Pending Approvals by AE
- GFA Signature by Person
- GFA Signatures by Home Dept
- GFA Signatures by Org
- GFA View Alternate Designation
- Actual Cash Received Project
- Grant/Contract FY Exp by Org
- Grant/Contract FY Exp by PI
- Grant/Contract PTD by Org
- Grant/Contract PTD by PI
- Monthly Summary by Org
- Monthly Summary by PI
- Monthly Summary by Project
- Personal/NonPers Exp by Org
- Project Yearly Budget Change by Org
- Project Bud Rev Exp by Org
- Project Budget Acct Entry Details
- Project Budgets Changes by ORG
- Project Budgets by Fiscal Year
- Project Cash Position Change
- Project Current Budget by Org
- Project Invoices by Org
- Grant/Contract Rev/Exp (FY Cumulative) by Org
- Rev/Exp by Org
- Rev/Exp with Act/Proj by Org
- Grant/Contract Rev/Exp by Org
- Termed Liaison Project Detail
- Termed Liaisons by Org rollup
- Termed PI, AE Project Detail
- Termed PI, AE by Org rollup
The suite of EBT (Earning, Benefit and Tax) Reports are available in the PAYROLL REPTS folder. The two reports currently available are:
- EBT – employer-paid Earning, Benefit and Tax detail with summary options.
- Encumbrance – total Fiscal Year-To-Date Earnings, Remaining Encumbrance amount, and Distribution data.
Published to the Information Library are several versions of each report, offering essentially two different ways to look at Payroll data…from a funding driven perspective (i.e. here is my Activity, show me the payroll transactions against it), or a people driven perspective (i.e. here are the people in my Home Department, show me where their pay is funded):
Funding Driven Reports – require Financial Payroll E/B/T Security Authorization for the specified Chartfield(s)
- by BU 01 Activity/Project Org – returns results for all Activities and Projects in a specified BU 01 Financial Org.
- by BU 01 Activity – returns results for a specified BU 01 or 04 Activity.
- by BU 01 Activity Org – returns results for all Activities in a specified BU 01 or 04 Financial Org.
- by BU 01 Project – returns results for a specified BU 01 Project.
- by BU 01 Project Org – returns results for all Projects in a specified BU 01 Financial Org. Available to users with security authorization for the specified Org or Fund 5000 for the Org.
- by BU 02 Org – returns results for a specified BU 02 or 03 Financial Org.
- by BU 02 Org w/ Rollup – option to return results for a specified BU 02 or 03 Financial Org and all Orgs that Report To the specified Org.
People Driven Reports – require HR HRIL Reporter or D-Jobs Security Authorization for the specified DeptID
- by HR Home Department – returns complete payroll data for all employees in a single Home Department.
Notes: If your information extract returns more than 100 rows there will be a link entitled View All above your information extract results header. If you intend to download your results to Microsoft Excel, there is no need to click this link as your excel spreadsheet will contain all results by default. If upon click of View Results you receive the message No matching values were found, it is either because you don’t have security access to the information extract or you provided invalid criteria. Additional information extracts will be available in the coming months.