Do you want your W2 faster?
Employees can elect to only receive their W-2 electronically!! The University of Utah has made it possible for employees to elect to only receive the W-2 Wage and Tax Statement electronically. This has several advantages:
- Employees will be able to access the W-2 up to a week earlier, because they will not have to wait for it to be delivered in the mail.
- Employee’s sensitive personal information will not be sent through the mail.
- Green – natural resources are saved by not printing and mailing W-2 forms.
- Budget Savings – In these tight budgetary times, this will have a positive impact on the budget of the University.
- Employees may still print the PDF if a printed copy is desired.
Employees should sign up to take advantage of this opportunity. To sign up:
- Sign on to the CIS and click the Employee dropdown (if it is not your default dropdown).
- Click the Payroll, Taxes and Salary tile.
- Click W-2 Consent Forms and you will have the option to select to receive your W-2 electronically.
You also have the ability to view your W2 electronically year round. Your W-2 forms back to 1999 are now available to see all the time. To view your W-2:
- Sign on to the CIS and click the Employee tab (if it is not your default tab).
- Click Payroll, Taxes and Salary.
- Click View W-2 Forms and you will have access to your W-2’s.