What we do:
- Ensure timely filing of all University federal and state tax related returns, reports and payments.
- Develop necessary procedures and reporting systems to ensure compliance with federal and state tax laws applicable to the University.
- Conduct research as needed and advise accordingly on tax consequences of University transactions.
- Provide tax planning opportunities for University.
- Track legislative tax developments at the federal and state level and advise University accordingly.
- Function as University liaison with federal and state tax authorities as well as with outside consulting firms with respect to tax issues.
- Administer University tax compliance with respect to nonresident alien employees, independent contractors, and scholarship/fellowship recipients.
- Produce tax forms and statements including Forms 1098-T, 1099, 1099-R, and 1042-S.
- Ensure timely filing of all University payroll federal and state tax related returns, reports and payments.
- Produce W-2 tax forms and statements.
- Issue temporary working ids for NRA without SSN.
- Administer student FICA exemption.
- Administer payroll deductions including American Assoc. Univ. Pro., Actor’s Equity, AFSCME Union Dues, Faculty Club, Housestaff AMA Dues, Housestaff Dues, Student Loans, UT Public Employee Assoc, and US Savings Bonds.
- Administer Garnishments, Tax Levies, Child Support, Voluntary Wage Assignments, Court Judgments, and Education Assistance Garnishments.