Thank you for submitting an invoice(s) to the Accounts Payable Department. Regular invoices will be processed in the order they are received. Accounts Payable reserves up to 10 business days to process although processing is typically much quicker. Expedited invoices will be completed according to the handling code selected. Because of banking deadlines, same-day invoices submitted after 11:00AM may not complete until the following day. Timelines don’t start until complete and accurate documentation has been provided. Departmental approvals must complete in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines.
To facilitate processing:
- Submit exactly one invoice per file.
- Submit invoices as PDFs. Other formats are supported but PDF typically works best.
- Ensure that each invoice has a valid PO number noted on the invoice itself.
- Ensure that the PO referenced has enough funds to support all invoices submitted.
- Ensure that all documents submitted final/formal invoices. The following are not invoices and will be discarded. Contact your buyer in Purchasing if you need to request a prepayment.
- Pro Forma Invoices
- Order Confirmations
Note that payment processing timelines and payment terms are two different things. Payment terms typically provide enough time for processing. Most payment terms are Net 30. PeopleSoft will release payments just prior to the invoice due date as determined by the payment terms. Any invoices submitted after the due date will generate a payment the following business day after processing.
Please contact Accounts Payable if you have any questions.