UPS – LTL Ground Freight Transportation Services
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPS FREIGHT ACCOUNT
DO YOU HAVE A FREIGHT ACCOUNT?
Click on this pdf link and open the document. Search for your location. Note the physical address or the billing address must match the address associated to your location on this list.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A FREIGHT ACCOUNT
You will not receive the state discounts without prior set up and establishing a location account. Contact Flo Matteo at UPS to obtain an account. Contact via email
and supply your physical address and your billing address. You will be contacted when your location is created.
WHEN YOU HAVE AN ESTABLISHED LOCATION
You may have found your location on the imbedded list or possibly you needed to set up a new location. When you have completed these steps please proceed as outlined below to get your quote or schedule your shipment for pick up.
CALL OR EMAIL:
(ECS) External Customer Support – 8 AM – 7 PM EST (Monday – Friday)
To obtain Quotes, schedule pickups or set up an account call ECS
Voice: (800) 266-6906
Fax: (804) 291-5148
TO OBTAIN A QUOTE:
1. Please identify yourself as a STATE OF UTAH customer 3150 State Capital address if needed
2. Please have ready for the quote address information including – Origin zip code and Destination zip code- Size and weight of the shipment- Pallets or number of boxes- Dimensions- Any special handling requirements
3. Get your quote number!
TO PREPARE SHIPMENT OR INSTRUCT YOUR VENDOR ON HOW TO PREPARE THE BOL:
1. SHIPMENT BILLS OF LADING MUST SHOW “STATE OF UTAH” ON FIRST LINE AS SHIPPER OR THIRD PARTY ON PRE-PAID SHIPMENTS OR AS CONSIGNEE ON COLLECT SHIPMENTS:
EXAMPLE: STATE OF UTAH
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
14072 PONY EXPRESS
DRAPER, UT 84020
2. The quote number can be places on the BOL in the reference section
3. Save your quote number for reference once you have been billed
IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS CONTACT:
Flo Matteo – UPS Director of Enterprise Accounts
SUMMARY OF PRICE AGREEMENT
This contract is for Less Than Truckload shipments that have an actual or billed weight of less than 20,000 lbs. and do not exceed 25 linear feet of a trailer.
Rate Application: Outbound Prepaid, Inbound Collect, Third Party Prepaid by State
Movement Type: Interstate and Intrastate
Direct Inbound Discount off of rules tariff: 86.20% on UPGF 560 base rate
Direct Outbound Discount off of rules tariff: 86.20% on UPGF 560 base rate
Interline Inbound Discount off of rules tariff: 86.20% on UPGF 560 base rate
Interline Outbound Discount off of rules tariff: 86.20% on UPGF 560 base rate
Minimum Charge Direct: Absolute floor minimum charge $103.00
Minimum Charge Interline: Absolute floor minimum charge $103.00
RULES TARIFF: Rates, fuel charges, and excess declared value coverage information can be found in the rules tariff. A copy of the rules tariff can be found at UPS Freight LTL. Scroll down to the very bottom, and in the small type you’ll see the link “Tariff.”