Financial & Human Resources Information Library
TRAVEL ADMIN – Savings Using U Travel Agents
- Folder: TRAVEL ADMIN
- Description: Savings Using U Travel Agents
The University recommends departments use University Travel Agents to book their travel. A recent study showed that it cost 8% more for domestic and 14 % more for international trips when departments book the trip. Several factors are part of these results. The University of Utah (and the state) has contracts with several airlines for discounted airfare. Also, the time involved for a department to search for fares contributes to the increased cost. Using results from fiscal year 2018, this report shows how much more department may have spent not using the U’s agents.
- Inputs—required fields denoted by an asterisk (*):
- *OrgID – this is the org booking the trip.
- OrgID Rollup (select “Yes” to include all Orgs that rollup to the specified Org).
The ” Savings Using U Travel Agents” FIL provides the following results:
- Org Id
- Domestic Trips Booked / U – Number of domestic trips booked in 2018 using “U” agents.
- Domestic Trips not booked / U – Number of domestic trips booked in 2018 not using “U” agents.
- Additional Cost not book w U – Additional costs for not using U travel agents for domestic trips.
- Intl Trips booked / U – Number of international trips booked in 2018 using “U” agents.
- Intl Trips not booked / U – Number of international trips booked in 2018 not using “U” agents.
- Additional Cost not book w U – Additional costs for not using U travel agents for international trips.
- Access is restricted to users with Management Report Security to the specified Org.
- Reports in the Financial Information Library SECURITY folder generate lists of users security authorization.
- To request access, use the Financial Web Management Reports Security Authorization form. Various levels of access can be requested. To understand how to request the appropriate security, please refer to the Financial Security Overview and Instructions before completing the form.