UShop Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I log in to UShop?
- Where is the list of all suppliers available in UShop?
- How do I request a new supplier in UShop?
- What if I find a product for a lower cost, outside of UShop?
- How do I close a UShop PO?
- What should I do if a punchout isn’t working properly?
- How can I review a UShop PO in my Management Report in CIS?
- How do I pay for my faculty members’ conference registrations?
- How do I pay for a venue when our department is hosting a conference?
- Who receives notifications for department approvals for a transaction?
- Why should I use UShop instead of a PCard?
- How do I use the Vendor Search tool in CIS?
- How do I return an item purchased in UShop?
- How do I place an Employment Ad?
How do I log in to UShop?
Go to the Employee page of CIS.
Scroll down to the Financial and Business Services section to find the UShop Marketplace logo. Click on the logo to log into UShop.
You will log in using your uNID and CIS password. This is a single-sign-on system, so if you are already in CIS you will not need to enter your password again for UShop.
You may also log in to UShop directly by going to ushop.utah.edu.
To maintain security, UShop will time-out after two hours of inactivity.
Where is the list of all suppliers available in UShop?
You can view the list of suppliers currently available in the UShop Marketplace or webpage by clicking here.
How do I request a new supplier in UShop?
If you have an order to place now, use the Non-Catalog form and select “New Supplier” as the supplier name.
• Give accurate information to identify the supplier
• In the Additional Supplier Information Field, state a clear business case as to why this supplier should be enabled in UShop.
If you want a supplier enabled for future orders, go first to the vendor search web app in CIS. If your vendor is not in People Soft, request a new supplier on the UShop Supplier Request form.
What if I find a product for a lower cost, outside of UShop?
While you may submit that order on the non-catalog form, keep in mind that as more spend is focused toward the contracted suppliers it increases our negotiating power to improve those contracts. Please inform Perry Hull, Solutions Administrator, of the pricing you have received –.
How do I close a UShop PO?
To request the closure of any PO, including a UShop PO:
1. Log onto the Employee page of CIS.
2. Scroll down to the Financial and Business services section and click on Management Reports
3. Enter the Activity or project number used on your PO, and select Encumbrance Report
4. Click on Run Report. This will bring you to the Encumbrance Report page.
5. Click on the “Close PO” link on the far right end of the line corresponding to the PO in question
What should I do if a punchout isn’t working properly?
If you’re being asked for a username and password when trying to access a punchout, it may be a browser-related issue. Also, some punchout suppliers require third-party cookies to access their website. These instructions may help:
1. Clear your browser’s history or cache
2. Confirm your browser accepts third-party cookies. To adjust cookie settings:
o Firefox (PC):
•Click the three horizontal bars on the browser toolbar
•Click the Privacy icon in the left navigation bar
•Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
•Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies
•Make sure Accept third party cookies is also check marked.
o Internet Explorer (PC):
•From the Tools menu, select Internet Options
•Click the Privacy tab and move the slider to the security level that will accept all cookies
o Safari (Mac):
•Under the ‘Block cookies’ section, select Never
o Google Chrome (PC and Mac):
•Click the three horizontal bars on the browser toolbar (Mac users: If you don’t see the wrench icon click Chrome)
•Select Settings (Preferences on Mac)
•Click on Show Advanced Settings
•Click Content Settings in the Privacy section
•Click the Cookies tab in the Content Settings dialog box
•Confirm “Allow local data to be set” is selected to allow both first-party and third-party cookies
o If the steps above do not correct the problem, try accessing the Punchout through a different browser
o If the problem persists, contact the UShop Help Desk by calling (801) 585-2255 or emailing email@example.com
How can I review a UShop PO in my Management Report in CIS?
Please see the Quick Reference Guide titled Management Reports, found in the UShop Training Materials link on the Shopping home page.
How do I pay for my faculty members’ conference registrations?
If the total amount is under $5K, use your p-card. Otherwise, contact the Buyer in Purchasing to determine if this may be ordered in UShop.
How do I pay for a venue when our department is hosting a conference?
Submit the order in UShop and work with the buyer in purchasing to make the necessary deposits.
Who receives notifications for department approvals for a transaction?
All Account Executives and Approved Alternates in GFA on an Activity/Project will be notified of the need for an approval. The notification preferences may be edited in an individual’s Profile in UShop. See short video, How to change Your Email Notification Preferences.
Why should I use UShop instead of a PCard?
PCard Issues and Considerations:
•All transactions must be reconciled
•All receipts must be retained
•All transactions subject to annual in-person PCard audit
•Transactions often must be reallocated
•Card single-purchase limits
•No contract pricing
•Source docs not viewable in Management Reports
•Greater fraud risk than UShop
•UShop is more efficient
•UShop is more transparent
How do I use the Vendor Search tool in CIS?
A button allows users to request an existing PeopleSoft vendor be enabled within UShop, and there is also built-in functionality to request a brand new supplier not currently found in Peoplesoft. View illustrated details here.
How do I return an item purchased in UShop?
1. Contact the supplier directly and make arrangements to either ship the item or have it picked up by the supplier.
2. Ask the supplier to send a credit memo to Accounts Payable.
3. Add a Comment to the PO in UShop, to document the reason for the return.
4. Optional: if the PO is still open, you may create a receipt indicating your returned item.
How do I place an Employment Ad?
1. Use your PCard for Employment Ads. They are not currently in the scope of UShop.
2. Obtain a PRN# from People Admin in Human Resources. Keep this in your PCard file.
3. No requisition is needed. Simply contact the supplier directly and place the ad using your PCard.