ePR – Refunds
Payment Type: Refunds (RE)
Business Purpose: All
- Payments which seek to return funds to an organization or individual who has previously paid for a product or services. Refunds are issued when the payee did not receive, overpaid on, or were unsatisfied with products or services provided by a University entity. This also applies to the refund of deposits collected by a University Department.
- A vendor paid the wrong entity and it wasn’t discovered until after the department deposited the check.
- A student paid a fee to reserve a recital room, but later cancelled the reservation so the deposit had to be returned.
- A deposit for student housing needs to be refunded.
- Invoice, receipt, departmental deposit, or management report detail substantiating the initial payment which is being refunded.
- Verification of address for the payee. While these payments are not taxable, a W-9 can be used for this purpose.
- No additional approvals needed.
Additional Information and Resources:
- These payments often require documents to be included with the check. If this is the case, select the “Stuffer as a Check” under Payment Option.
- University student tuition refunds should originate from Financial Aid & Scholarships or Income Accounting.