Payment Type: Supplier Invoice (<$5,000) (DP)
Business Purpose: All
- Payment of invoices for off-campus suppliers for any products/services costing <$5,000. Only one invoice is allowed per ePR submission. Multiple invoices for the same supplier which total >$5,000 over a period of time should be paid via USHOP PO.
- A faculty member ordered a $25 book on his own and now needs the invoice to be paid.
- A lab purchases a small batch of test tubes and have presented their department with an invoice for payment.
- Invoice or statement substantiating payment amount.
- W-9 if vendor is new or their information has changed.
- If the invoice was created without a PO, this is considered an after-the-fact purchase. It might be unauthorized since it does not demonstrate financial approval prior to the purchase and subsequent request for payment.
- No additional approvals needed.
Additional Information and Resources:
- After-the-fact purchases for goods and services greater than $5,000 are in violation of state procurement law and will not be processed through ePR.
- University Rule 3-100D—Purchasing Thresholds
- University Rule 3-100E—Restricted Purchases
- University Policy 3-003—Authorizations and Approvals Required for Financial Transactions