You may now input your chartfield account distribution into a template and save it permanently for future use.
This function will allow you to create templates of one Chartfield, or a group of Chartfields, used most often when you are preparing a departmental deposit. Once the template is created, you need only to select the template within the Departmental Deposit application and copy it with one keystroke.
- Go To “Employee Tab” under CIS.
- Find “Financials & Business Services”, and then “Processing”.
- Select “Chartfield Templates”.
- Select the “Add a Value” to create a new template
- Input the “Business Unit” and “OrgID” you use to prepare your departmental deposits.
- Assign a name for the “Chartfield Template”.
- Press “Add”.
- Input a “Short Description” (required) and a “Long Description” (optional).
- Input the chartfield string.
- The “Amount” and “Description” are optional, but if input would be saved to template to display each time that template is selected.
- To add more lines for input, press the “+” sign.
- To delete a line, press the “-“ sign.
- Once everything is input and complete, press the “Save” button to save your template.
- To review an existing template, go to the “Find an Existing Value” tab on the first page of the “Chartfield Templates” selection.
To Use A Template(s):
- Select the template of choice before you input anything into the Chartfield distribution.
- Add or delete any amount or description to the Chartfields.
- Once you are finished with your input, if you have any lines that you are not using, check the “Delete Zero/Blank Amount Rows”, press “Save”, and the unpopulated row(s) will be deleted.
Clearing cache and cookies can resolve many issues. Click here to learn how.
Financial Services Technology Support Quick Tips
Financial Services Technology Support has prepared a Quick tip regarding Chartfield Lookups