ePR better allows us to monitor submissions related to:
- Reimbursement of Business Meals – see Policy 3-031
- Reimbursement of Utah Sales Tax in situations where a more preferred procurement method should have been used by the employee – see Rule 3-010A
Jeff West, Associate Vice President has published a memo meant to clarify the approvals necessary for these types of reimbursements, and beginning May 1, we will return ePR submissions to the Preparer to correct the approvals.
New: Departmental Deans may now delegate their authority related to approving Sales Tax reimbursement.
Clarification – Meal and food reimbursements:
- Business Meals where employees host vendors, contractors, recruits, etc. require approval from VP, Dean, or Director.
- Other food or meal reimbursements typically do not require additional approvals beyond GFA approvals.
Reminder: Expense and reimbursement reporting of meal and food purchases requires:
- Clearly stated business purpose
- List of those in attendance for 10 or fewer individuals, or a description of the group and approximate number of participants if over 10 individuals.
Please circulate this information to the necessary people within your area.