COVID-19 Updates Related to University Travel
Travelers who booked airfare outside of recommended booking methods – tickets will need to be cancelled directly with the booking entity.
Use the ASK US form if you have additional COVID-19 questions about cancelling your business trip.
AIRFARE & PREPAID EXPENSE CANCELLATION:
Need to cancel airfare for an upcoming trip due to University Travel Restrictions?
Airfare purchased through our onsite agency or through Concur booking tool: Use this form to request cancellation
1. Airfare policies will vary by airline, date booked, and destination;
- Departments should receive specific information about any possible ticket credits within 72 hours of form submission
- Trips leaving within 48 hours will be processed with a higher priority
- Use this form to request cancellation
2. Airfare purchased outside of our onsite agency
- Tickets will need to be cancelled directly with the booking entity
- Travelers will retain any airfare credits toward a future trip
- If the credit is used for a future University business trip, the traveler will be reimbursed after completion of the business trip per usual processes
3. Conference Registration
- We are finding that if the conference cancels the event – registration is usually refunded to the original form of payment used to pay for the fee.
- If the conference does not cancel, and we do not attend the conference – registration may be partially refunded or credited toward a future event.
- Decisions are to be made within the departments regarding which is more appropriate
- Efforts should be made to recover conference fees whenever possible
4. Prepaid Hotel
- All efforts should be made to recover prepaid hotel expenses when the trip has been cancelled
5. Cash Advances
- Unused cash advances should be returned to the University via a departmental deposit. Departments should work with the Travel Department to account for the cash advance prior to the submission of any expense report.