Coronavirus Trip Cancellation Request
Please see the following message from University leadership regarding the restriction travel, and proceed to complete the Trip Cancellation form below if you wish to cancel your trip.
The University of Utah is currently restricting all inbound and outbound business travel through the end of Fall Semester 2020 (December 11, 2020). This travel restriction applies to ALL FACULTY OR STAFF TRAVEL, ALL UNIVERSITY COORDINATED STUDENT TRAVEL AND ALL GUEST/RECRUIT TRAVEL.
Approved exceptions to this restriction must adhere all of the following procedures:
Requesting department must prepare a memo describing:
- Reasons travel is necessary during restricted dates, as well as
- Measures planned to address safety for the traveler and those who will be in contact with traveler during as well as after the trip.
The memo must be approved by one of the following designated individuals:
- Main Campus Academic Affairs Travel: Sarah Projansky, AVP for Faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- U of U Health Academic Travel: Dayle Benson, Chief of Staff for Clinical Affairs, email@example.com
- U of U Health Hospitals and Clinics Staff Travel: Sarah Sherer, Senior Human Resources Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Campus Staff Travel: Chris Bone, Senior Human Resources Director, email@example.com
The exception will require a final approval by the cognizant VP.
Exceptions must be fully approved at least one week prior to the start date of travel, and attached to an approved UTravel Concur Request.
In-State Travel:In-state travel (one person/household per vehicle) is allowed between counties in green, yellow or orange status, according to Utah Department of Health guidelines. Should a county be designated red status, university-approved travel to that area would stop.
Personal Travel: We continue to encourage you, when considering your personal travel choices, to follow travel advisories issued by your local and state authorities. If you choose to travel, you may be restricted from returning to work depending upon the specifics of your circumstances.