Tuition Appeal Instructions:
- Students must be withdrawn from classes included on the Tuition Appeal Form.
- Tuition Appeals for tuition reimbursement will only be reviewed, and considered, for the current term.
- Tuition Appeals to resolve and remove tuition balances due on your tuition account, will only be reviewed and considered for the prior three years.
- Students can only submit 2 Tuition Appeals within a 5 year period.
- Complete all requested information on the Exception to University Policy-Tuition Appeal form.
- Write a clear explanation of the reason for the requested exception.
- Provide all the documentation needed to support all claims on the appeal.
- Incomplete appeals, appeals without a signature and appeals lacking supporting documentation will not be considered and will be denied.
- Once completed, submit the appeal form and all documents to:
MAIL: University of Utah
Income Accounting Office
201 S 1460 E Rm. 165
Salt Lake City UT 84112
IN PERSON: Student Services Building (Bldg.40) Rm. 155
- The review process may take 6 to 8 weeks.
- Students will be notified of the group’s decision by mail with the mailing address provided on the appeal form.
- You may also check the appeal status on your Campus Information System (CIS), under Tuition and Loans, Status Tuit/Late Fee Petition.
Request for Waiver of Tuition Late Fee Instructions:
- Students may come in-person to the Income Accounting & Student Loan Services office to get the form, or you may download the form.
- Student should bring the form to the Income Accounting & Student Loan Services office, located in the Student Services Building (SSB) Rm. 155. You may also email your form, or your request, to . For email requests, please include your Name, UID number, Semester, and a short explanation of why you would like the waiver of the late fee.
- Please monitor the status of your late fee request, through your CIS account, under Tuition and Loans, Status Tuit/Late Fee Petition.