Activity/Project Set-up Request Instructions
- Opening the form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Fill out the form by typing the information on the PDF form online.
- The first section (2lines) is to be completed by Financial Reporting & Accounting.
- The second section requires information from the requesting department.
- In the “Definitions” section, use the drop down menus to select the appropriate Functional and Sub-Functional groups. (See browser requirements below) NOTE: The word “Definitions” in red text on the left and right side of the form are active links. Clicking on the “Definitions” link on the left side of the form will bring up information on Functional Groups. Clicking on the “Definitions” link on the right side of the form will bring up information on Sub-Functional Groups.
- In the “Purpose of Activity” section, describe why a new “Activity” is needed. This should include a description of the business activity requiring accounting records separate from already existing Activities. “To record Revenues and Expenses”” is not a valid purpose.
- In the “Specific Source of Revenue” section, indicate the source of funding from outside the University; the University customers, if services are being provided to the campus community; or the Chartfields from which funds will be transferred as funding support. Also, if the funding is one-time, please indicate the amount. If the funding is on-going, please estimate the annual revenue.
- The responsible person for the request activity and his/her Dean or Vice President must sign the form.
- Save the form and email to Jennie Hale at ,
In order to properly view the drop down menus, this form needs to be downloaded to your computer and opened in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Professional. Each browser is different in downloading the form. Each browser has an option to use the browser built in PDF viewer. The form will not work with the browser pdf viewer.