Travel & Reimbursement Services is currently experiencing a high volume of travel reimbursement requests, and we are working diligently to process them as quickly as possible. This post contains guidelines that will help to speed overall processing time.
If we receive an incomplete request and these items are not done, Travel & Reimbursement Services may send it back to the requestor.
Complete reimbursement packets adhere to these guidelines:
- Attach the pages of the packet using an alligator clip or paper clip – NO Staples.
- ORIGINAL receipts are required, whenever possible – please tape all receipts on one side of paper, and include with the reimbursement packet.
- NO double-sided printing – please print on one side of the paper only – our scanner can only scan single-sided packets.
- Mileage rate changed to $0.535/mile January 1, 2017. Please attach mileage logs for reimbursements that have dates and mileage total.
- Foreign trips REQUIRE conversion documents attached to the reimbursement – we recommend using Oanda.
- Conference brochures are REQUIRED. They must include:
- Name of conference or meeting
- Dates of conference or meeting
- Location of conference or meeting
- All meals provided as part of the cost of registration
For an added reference, here is a printable guidelines document.
The University of Utah has partnered with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) to provide comprehensive coverage for foreign trips. Office for Global Engagement highly encourages the coverage for travelers traveling to foreign countries.
The Office for Global Engagement provides University Travelers with these helpful documents: CISI enrollment instructions, CISI contact sheet, and the CISI Policy brochure.
Policy benefits include:
- 0-deductible, 100% coverage for health/medical services abroad
- 24/7 Travel Assistance Services
- Emergency Medical and Security Evacuation Coverage
After completing Travel Services “Register Trip”, the Traveler AND the Requestor (Travel Planner) will be receiving 2 emails – the first being the Register Trip page, containing the travel number which is unchanged, and the second email is the CISI Travel Insurance information page which will also contain in the subject line the travel number.
Example of second email:
The University of Utah strongly encourages international travelers to purchase international insurance coverage, and has partnered with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) to allow University members to enroll in comprehensive coverage. This University of Utah group insurance policy is not available to the public, and University travelers must follow the directions found in the CISI Enrollment Instruction document (attached) in order to receive the comprehensive benefits available to University members.
Travel insurance is a University of Utah approved travel expense, and as such, will be reimbursed upon approved request either before or after the trip. Attached are the CISI Enrollment Instructions as well as the CISI Summary Contact Sheet. Again, employees must follow the directions provided in in order to enroll in the comprehensive University coverage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please visit the Global U Webpage or contact Darrin Robertson at 581-7274.
Many of you may have heard of this new rule on the news, or have been notified on your Christopherson itinerary; the Galaxy Note 7 by Samsung is currently banned from airline flights.
If passengers attempt to travel by air with their Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices, the phones may be confiscated and passengers may face fines. Below is an example of the notification Christopherson is distributing with their itineraries. The image is linked to the Department of Transportation announcement that contains more information.
Please share this information with all those individuals who travel for your department.