I use electronic check-in for my flight, do I need a paper boarding pass?

Discussion:

There are many different ways to electronically check-in for your flight including the recent use of smart phones. Many new methods of check-in produce only an electronic boarding pass and the traveler may not get a paper copy.

The Travel department does not require paper boarding passes to be submitted with the Final Reimbursement documentation. Final Reimbursement requests should include a copy of the traveler’s itinerary invoice.

These itinerary invoices will show the flight details including ticket number, the traveler’s name and the billing information demonstrating proof of payment.  If the flight was purchased from our OnSite agents, the itinerary invoice is emailed to departments after Step 3: Confirm Reservation is complete.

We continue to listen to your feedback, and invite comments here or by using our “Ask Us” form.

Subscribe to the Travel Tidbits E-mail ListSubscribe to the Travel Tidbits E-mail List

3 Responses to I use electronic check-in for my flight, do I need a paper boarding pass?

1. Margaret Tennant says:

I know that you can electronically check-in for your flight using various methods including your smart phone. Is it true that some methods only produce an electronic boarding pass? Doesn’t everyone need a paper boarding pass in order to get through security?

I understand that Travel won’t require that these be submitted with the Final Reimbursement documentation.

2. Kori DeHaan says:

Yes, here comes electronic boarding passes to smart phones and PDAs! The travel industry continues to introduce electronic means of delivery for customers to increase security and enhance convenience. You can read more from TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in the following article:
    http://www.tsa.gov/approach/tech/paperless_boarding_pass_expansion.shtm

3. Thank you for your message. It’s really a better day for me.