PI Budget Planning Tool Help
WHAT is the PI Budget Planning Tool?
The PI Budget Planning Tool is an application that will be delivered in a series of releases that will increase in feature and function over time. The initial prototype is based on the budget management report that has been modified to include forecasting capabilities at the accounting line level for all years of the project. Goals for the initial release include:
- A new report that is based upon the existing management reports, now you can forecast based on future expenses without formally encumbering them. This effectively combines a spreadsheet and the University finance reporting system.
- Plan expected expenses by month and/or year and see how they affect your budget total.
- Add new people, plan equipment and travel expenses, and see real-time budget totals.
WHY is it needed?
To make it easier for faculty and staff to plan and know how much money they have available in their grants.
WHO is involved?
A cross-divisional team of experienced administrators and staff from Vice President of Research, Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP), Financial and Business Services (FBS), and University Information Technology (UIT) are involved.
Who can access the PI Budget Planning Tool
By definition all Account Executives and Principal Investigators have access to their own projects. Others should have EBT security access a project. EBT instructions and form:
- Financial System Report Security Overview
- Financial System Report Security Form Instructions
- Payroll Earnings, Benefits & Taxes Form (pdf)
How do I use it?
Click here to access the PI Budget Planning Tool instructions. Use the tool and provide us with valuable feedback that will help guide the requirements for future releases and updates. To submit feedback and if you have questions, please fill out the form below.