NSF has recently announced that a revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 18-1) has been issued. Significant changes include:
- Addition of a new eligibility subcategory on international branch campuses of U.S. Institutions of Higher Education;
- Revision of eligibility standards for foreign organizations;
- Implementation of the standard Collaborators and Other Affiliations (COA) template that has been in pilot phase since April;
- Increase in the Budget Justification page limitation from three pages to five pages;
- Restructuring of coverage on grantee notifications to and requests for approval from NSF, including referral to the Prior Approval Matrix available on the NSF website; and
- Numerous clarifications and other changes throughout the document.
A webinar to brief the community on the new PAPPG will be held on December 8 at 2 PM EST. Registration is now available. If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact the NSF Policy Office.