TUITION PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR 2013
Effective May 13, 2013, the on-line credit/debit card tuition payment convenience fee will be $3. This fee is for online payments only.
As a reminder, you may choose to pay credit/debit tuition in person at Income Accounting and Student Loans and avoid the online convenience fee.
- Tuition for SUMMER Term 2013 is due by 4:45 p.m. (MDT) on May 28, 2013 for all registered students.
- Undergraduate, graduate, law, and medical students who fail to pay tuition by 4:45 p.m. (MDT) on May 28, 2013 will have all of their classes deleted.
- Students may pay tuition using one of the following methods:
- Students who may have difficulty paying by the due date could possibly consider one of the following options:
- Pay tuition using a Short Term Loan.
- Pay tuition using Financial Aid.
- SallieMae/Campus Solutions TuitionPay installment payment program.
- This program is not available for Summer semester.
- The program for Fall 2013 begins April 1, 2013 to August 28, 2013. It requires 5 equal payments per term.
- Any tuition account paid in full by financial aid will have their SallieMae/Campus Solutions contract automatically cancelled.
- Any tuition account that does not have tuition charges because there is no registration will automatically have the SallieMae/Campus Solutions contract cancelled.
- To participate in the SallieMae/Campus Solutions plan, please be aware that two installment payments, 40% of your tuition balance, must be paid by the tuition due date for that term. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of your SallieMae/Campus Solutions contract, and deletion of your classes.
- If you would like to consider this option, or have questions, please call Income Accounting & Student Loan Services at (801) 581-7344 or SallieMae/Campus Solutions TuitionPay at 1-800-635-0120.
- Apply for the Deferral of Tuition Plan.
- The only qualifying criterion is a current term tuition balance. This plan is to be used as a means to allow you more time to pay tuition and to prevent classes from being dropped by the University due to failure to timely pay tuition.
- The Deferral of Tuition Plan is available on-line beginning the first day of class through the tuition due date.
- You will be required to pay 30% of your tuition balance plus an application fee of $30.00. The remaining balance of the tuition and fees are due approximately 60 days from the first day of the semester.
- A hold will be placed on your registration, transcript, and verification, the day after the original tuition due date until your tuition balance is paid in full. If current term tuition and fee charges are not paid in full by the designated due date, a $60.00 fee will be assessed.
- Financial Aid, class drops or changes, or any other type of payment or credit will be credited toward your tuition balance just as they normally would.
- All classes added AFTER this agreement has been submitted must have 30% of the tuition and fee charges paid by the Tuition Due Date or all your classes will be dropped.
- Dishonored checks may cause classes to be dropped upon the University of Utah being notified.
- You will be required to sign an agreement, and if the plan becomes delinquent you will be assessed late fees and collection charges.
- You may apply for the Deferral Plan online. After logging in to the CIS, click on the link “Tuition Bill/Pay Tuition.” Then, on the Tuition Bill page, click on the button “Pay Tuition Using Deferral Plan.”
- This agreement may be submitted and paid for in-person at the Income Accounting & Student Loan Services Cashier’s office, room 165 Student Services building, at that time you will sign the agreement. Do NOT mail any forms or payments to this office, they must be brought in person.
- If you feel an error has been made, or if you have questions, please call Income Accounting & Student Loan Services at (801) 581-7344.
For other important deadlines, including the last day to add and drop classes, see the Academic Calendar