General Conditions & Information for the Short Term Book and Tuition Loans
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
The student’s eligibility is based upon the following:
- A good credit bureau rating.
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- No “holds” from the Financial Aid Office or “holds” that prevent registration.
- Have U.S. Citizenship or be an eligible non-citizen.
- Matriculated to the University in a degree-seeking program or in academic counseling.
- Registered with a minimum half-time class schedule. 6 hours as an undergraduate,
5 hours as a graduate or registered in thesis courses 6970-6989, 7970-7989 or 7920.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, or you will be required to have a co-signer.
- Not in default on a loan.
- Should not appear on the Student Loan Office bad-check list.
There is a non-refundable processing fee of $15.00. Payment can be made online at the time of the application or paid in person at the Income Accounting and Student Loan Services cashier windows, located at 165 Student Services Building.
The Promissory Note needs to be signed in the Student Loan Office, located at 155 Student Services Building before the loan application process can be completed.
- Book Loans are available January 2nd, 2019 through March 8th, 2019. The available loan amount is up to $450.00.
- Tuition ONLY Loans are available January 7th, 2019 through January 18th, 2019. The loan amount will be the current balance due on the tuition account.
- The tuition loan application process needs to be completed by 4:45 p.m. on the tuition due date.
(The loan application filled out, the $15.00 fee paid and the Promissory Note signed.)
Interest of 1% begins to accrue monthly on Tuition/Book Loans from:
- October 15th for Fall Term
- March 15th for Spring Term
- July 15th for Summer Term
Please contact the Income Accounting and Student Loan Offices for more information (801) 581-8786.
Apply online through Campus Information System.
- Log in using your uNID and access the application through the “Tuition and Loans” tile found under the Student section.