Tuition & Fees
Tuition and Fees, and Housing Charges for Spring Term 2021 are due by 4:45 p.m. on January 29th, 2021.
*NEW* All Resident and Non-Resident Undergraduate students will be charged a flat $30 Student Success Fee per semester.
The Student Success fee will allow the U to make essential investments for undergraduate students in services and supports that have a proven impact on increasing retention and completion, as well as fostering a successful transition from college to career and/or continued study.
Funds will be used to:
- Improve academic advising, including access to professional advisors and the technology to increase advising efficacy
- Improve quality and innovation in critical, high enrollment general education courses, particularly those high repeat rates
- Expand access to learning experiences beyond the classroom, including innovative online learning opportunities
- Promote timely completion through increased access to financial aid, and innovative, strategic uses of aid that is available
- Increase access to internships through coordinated partnerships between colleges and Career Center
Calculate an ESTIMATE of your Tuition Costs by using the Tuition Estimator and adding any applicable Program Fees, Differential Tuition, & Special Fees:
Tuition Rate Schedules
Non-Matriculated & Second Baccalaureate Students Taking Graduate Courses: Beginning Fall 2011, non-matriculated & second baccalaureate students registering for one or more graduate level courses on their undergraduate career, will be charged graduate tuition rates for all courses taken.
General Graduate: All Programs not listed below
College of Architecture + Planning
College of Education
College of Engineering
College of Fine Arts
College of Health
College of Nursing
College of Pharmacy
College of Social and Behavioral Science
College of Social Work
David Eccles School of Business
School of Dentistry
School of Medicine
S.J. Quinney College of Law
- Payments collected after 4:45 p.m. (MDT) on the tuition due date, but before the class delete process is completed, will be assessed a 20% late fee (not to exceed $60).
- Tuition and late payment fees must be paid at the time of registration if initial registration occurs after tuition due date.
- All resident and non-resident students, regardless of class standing, will be charged an additional $22.73 per credit hour for undergraduate courses taken in the College of Science. (ASTR, BIOL, CHEM, MATH, PHYS).
- All resident and non-resident students taking 3000-5999 level courses in the School of Business will be charged an additional $249.01 per credit hour. (ACCTG, BCOR, BUS, ENTP, FINAN, IS MGT, MKTG OIS, QAMO, STRAT)
- All students, regardless of class standing, taking Business Masters Courses, will be charged an additional $609.16 per credit hour for credits taken in graduate level courses in the School of Business. (ACCTG, BUS, ENTP, FINAN, IS MBA, MGT, MHA, MKTG, OIS, REDEV, STRAT)
- Upper-Division Nursing Courses. All students regardless of class standing will be charged an additional $95.01 per credit hour for credits taken in upper-division courses (3000-5999) in the College of Nursing.
- Upper-Division Engineering Courses. All students regardless of class standing will be charged an additional $59.46 per credit hour for credits taken in upper-division courses (3000-5999) in the College of Engineering. (BME, CH EN, CS, CVEEN, EAE, ECE, ENGIN, ME EN, MSE, NUCL)
- Engineering Graduate Courses. All students, regardless of class standing, will be charged an additional $84.93 per credit hour for credits taken in graduate courses (6000 and Above) in the College of Engineering. (BME, CH EN, CS, CVEEN, EAE, ECE, ENGIN, ME EN, MSE, NUCL)
- If you have paid tuition or have a payment agreement, no automatic process drops individual classes if you do not attend class or meet required prerequisites. Once you register, you are officially enrolled and committed to attend class. If you do not attend, you must officially withdraw by 5:00 p.m. (MDT) on the tuition due date, or you will be charged full tuition and may receive failing grades. Although some departments dismiss students from classes for non-attendance, students are still responsible for officially withdrawing from any classes they are registered for but not attending. Visit the Refund Policies page for more information.
- Dishonored checks will cause classes to be dropped upon the University of Utah being notified.
- For information on refunds, visit the Refund Policies page.
- You can pay your Tuition and Housing online using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or with an e-check. You must access Campus Information Services to use this option. Campus Information Services is available most hours of the day, however, system maintenance is scheduled between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. (US Mountain Time) daily and the system may be unavailable during this time.
- For information on tuition appeal procedures, visit the Appeal Procedures page.