Activity/Project Set-up Request Instructions
- Opening the form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Fill out the form by typing the information on the PDF form online.
- The first section (2lines) is to be completed by General Accounting.
- The second section requires information from the requesting department.
- In the “Purpose of Activity” section, describe why a new “Activity” is needed. This should include a description of the business activity requiring accounting records separate from already existing Activities. “To record Revenues and Expenses”” is not a valid purpose.
- In the “Specific Source of Revenue” section, indicate the source of funding from outside the University; the University customers, if services are being provided to the campus community; or the Chartfields from which funds will be transferred as funding support. Also, if the funding is one-time, please indicate the amount. If the funding is on-going, please estimate the annual revenue.
- The responsible person for the request activity and his/her Dean or Vice President must sign the form.
- Print the form and send to General Accounting, 403 Park Building. HINT: If the printed form has word breaks in the wrong places, check the “Print As Image” box in the print dialog screen.