Individuals seeking authorization to prepare journal entries in the e-Journal system should review the Quick Reference Guide, and must be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of the system before being granted Preparer access. This will be done in the form of an online quiz, accessible in the link below.
Steps to Receive Access to prepare e-Journal entries
- Read the Quick Reference Guide
- Take the e-Journal Quiz (make sure to read instructions)
- Fill out the form that will be accessible once the quiz is taken
- How do I add backup info to my e-Journal?
- How do I change the Departmental Approver?
- How do I find out the status of my e-Journal entry?
- How do I share an e-Journal with others?
- How do I use the Search feature?
- How can I upload entries via Excel?
Additional Learning Information
- Print Friendly Version of Quick Reference Guide
- Preparers Reference Guide – Quick look at preparing a journal entry
- Preparers User Guide – For those initiating a journal entry
- Approvers User Guide – For those that approve journal entries
- Viewers User Guide – For those that look at journal entries that will not create or approve
- e-Journal Change Approver/Change Access Form – Change or delete approvers
- Excel Option